Visiting two Asian countries in one trip is a fantastic idea to make the most of your vacation. Because, We want to propose a tour to discover Malaysia and Singapore. Two neighboring countries that share some characteristics, but have a very strong identity of their own. Can you come with us?
A trip to Malaysia and SingaporeKuala Lumpur in Malaysia
The territory of Singapore is embraced by Malaysian lands, so it is an excellent idea to plan a tour that includes both countries. Although, obviously, the huge difference in size between the two will make it necessary to devote much more time to Malaysia.
In any case, Malaysia and Singapore are two of the great destinations of Southeast Asia. There natural spaces await you with an almost overwhelming beauty and megacities characterized by their modernity.
The treasures of Malaysia and Singapore
Moving from one country to another is not complicated. From Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia, to Singapore there are only 350 kilometers by road. You can save that distance by car or bus. Other options are the train or the plane, you decide according to your budget or the stops you want to make along the way.
Malaysia is a very attractive country and, above all, very varied. Surely you get to him landing in Kuala Lumpur. A modern and lively capital in which the protagonists are the impressive Petronas Towers.Perhentian Islands in Malaysia
Very different are the Perhentian Islands, An ideal paradise to enjoy relaxing or snorkeling. It is a small archipelago with two main islands. The smallest is the one that offers the greatest possibilities for fun, while the largest is ideal for disconnecting from the world.
But there are many other interesting corners. We mention them very briefly so that you can take them into account in your itinerary:
- Kota Barhu: It is the capital of the state of Kelantan, mostly Muslim and very conservative. However, at a cultural level it is a very interesting and recommended visit.
- Borneo: It is the third largest island in the world and a part belongs to Malaysia. There you have to visit Kuching, known as the city of cats. It is a quiet city, full of tradition and at the same time cosmopolitan, a perfect fusion of what Malaysia represents today.
- Georgetown: It is the capital of Penang Island. A city of temples and street art, so surprising, that it is a World Heritage Site.
- Taman Negara: It is the oldest rainforest in the world.
In Malaysia you also have to stop to enjoy its fabulous beaches. And we must not fail to try its cuisine, which is exceptional.
Singapore, another country where modernity and tradition intermingle. A small country, if we compare it with Malaysia. But The list of attractions is so big, you'll need several days to enjoy them all. Take note.
- The Merlion statue: It is a lion mermaid symbol of Singapore. It is very close to the mouth of the river and next to the Merlion park.
- Marina Bay: a huge boulevard that runs along the Singapore River and is perfect for contemplating the skyline from the city. It is worth visiting at night, when the lighting gives it an almost magical appearance.
- Singapore Flyer: You know that many cities imitated London and built huge ferris wheels. Well, the one in Singapore is the largest in the world. To give you an idea, measure 165 meters high.
- Gardens by the Bay: Here you will find fabulous artificial trees, in addition to gigantic greenhouses with flowers, plants and trees from around the world.
- Museum of Art and Science: The lotus-shaped building is already wonderful on the outside, but a thousand and one more surprises await you inside that will make your visit to Singapore an unforgettable memory.
And, in addition to all this, you can discover amazing neighborhoods, like Kampong Glam and Little India. Or you can enjoy all kinds of entertainment on Sentosa Island.
As you can see, Malaysia and Singapore offer you all kinds of attractions To enjoy an unforgettable trip. Do you dare to take a tour of both and discover all its charms? Sure you will not regret.